BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

neurologist










I took Colton to the Neurologist yesterday. (Wed. June 10). The day started out kinda hectic. I had made arrangements for Dylan and Chloe to go to their Grandma Parry's house. The letter I had gotten from the Clinic was very specific about Not bringing other children to the appointment. I got a call that morning from my father-in-law asking me if I could bring them to their doctors office cause mom-in-law wasn't feeling well. I said let me see if I can make other arrangements and Drex agreed that that would be best. I called my Sis-in-law, the OTHER Jamie Parry( how funny is it that brothers both married a Jamie hahaha, makes for some interesting moments.) Anyway, she was busy but was trying to figure out a way for her and Drex to meet up and this and that. I said, let me see if I can find someone else. So, I called, my Dad. He of course, said "sure!" and we were off. I went to the store, got a prescription and some lunch for the kiddos to eat with Grandpa. I dropped the kids off, and headed to the docs appointment. I got there and the door was locked, um, ok. They told me more than once to get there at least 20 minutes early, to fill out paperwork. I was on time. And they aren't open? A few minutes later they let me and another mom and kid in. I filled out the proper paperwork and sat down with the other mom. Colton and the little boy, Jared, played together. His Mom told me that he was significantly small for his age. He was the same age as Colton and looked to be half his size. It was so funny. Colton just dwarfed the poor kid. I heard when they weighed him, he wasn't even 20 pounds. Now, I know Colt is big for his age but, it was like looking at the two extremes. Colt looked like he could eat the kid for a snack! Well we go in and I meet Dr. Fran *his real name is Dr. Filleoux...or something like that. An older guy and very friendly. He talks to me and then get an in depth history of my family health and it was like and interrogation lol. He got Colton down to his diaper and did a pretty in depth exam. We talked some more and then he stated that he didn't really like the idea of keeping him medicated for an extended period of time. Which, I can agree with. He said that he wanted to do and MRI and an EEG and if that came back clear, that we would slowly wean him off of the Phenobarbital. SWEET. He said, that while my familial history is a little concerning, he didn't think we needed to box him into "epileptic". If he does happen to have another seizure, Then we can be for sure, but he said he wasn't completely positive that this will happen again. I tend to agree with him. I am hoping that it was just a fluke.



Now I realize that I have been dedicating this blog to my youngest. I need to stop it. So now, for news on my other beauties. Since she is such a princess and always has to be first, I will start with my Chloe... She is doing quite well, and finshed up preschool she is so excited to start Kindergarten and go to the big kid school like her brother and ride the bus. I have to admit with pride that she is very smart. Also, quite a smartass. Sorry, but I had to say it. She loves to sing....LOUD....and Tom and I just can't help but smile when she 'embellishes' her songs. She is such a girly girl, and I love it. I love being able to dress her up and play with her hair. Tho she hates it when I do it, she says I hurt too much.



Then there is Dylan... He is just glad to be out of school for the summer. He doesn't share the enthusiasm for school that Chloe does. He is getting better at reading. I used to get so worried about him but I have realized that he is doing remarkably well. OK I admit, I still worry about him. But that is what moms do right? I love watching him. I could do it all day. He has such an imagination. And, he so super sensitive. I am not so much. It is sometimes hard to understand him. I am trying but I also want to toughen him up a bit cause, he tends to breakdown a lot at school even. I just want him to be happy. I have realized that I am just overanalyzing him and overprotecting him. He is so good at science and math. And has an amazing heart and the cutest little freckles!


And finally we have Whitni. She is now 15 almost 16. Wow. Her dad and I began dating when she was only 3 and a half. Ugh. She can't wait to get her license. She is an honor student, involved in choir and her church. Her one down fall is that she goes to ....Dixie High.....UGH..... Oh well. She can't help it...;) Sometimes when I attend her functions at her school, I get very nostalgic for my high school days. I can't believe it has been fourteen years since I graduated high school. Wow. I know that isn't much, but it feels like maybe it has been two or three years. And college yikes! Anyway, back to Whitni. I consider myself eternally blessed that I have her for a step-daughter. I think of how she could be making life here a living hell, and she doesn't. She treats me and my family with respect and love and they all love her too. I love her as much as I do my own and would easily lay my life down for her. She is a good kid. Well enough of the sappy stuff. I am sitting here wondering if anyone actually reads this stuff. Oh well even if they don't I have a place for me to write down my happenings and thoughts. That's cool.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie, It sounds to me like things are going pretty smooth with Colton. I would agree the hardest part is waiting to see if you can wean him off the meds.. and THEN wait to see what happens. All of us here in SLC have our hearts and fingers crossed that things go well.
I was thinking about when we first met, and at the time, it didn't seem like that long ago. But I think you and Tom had only been married a year, if that long. You were out of college and no kids. We got to know each other in the strangest way.. I, being so new to the tech world, was pretty nervous that you were a slasher pretending to be someone I would want to meet, and probably slash ME. Funny now, huh?
You're quite an amazing woman in my book. Your children are so cute, and watching them grow has been so much fun for me.. like a "outside the window grandma"... I felt like waiting for Dylan was like waiting for one of my own grandkids to get here.. and the news was so exciting.. And oh what a cutie. Then Chloe.. ah, a girl.. I don't have granddaughters, so this was fun for me too.. and now, just look at her. What a pretty little picture. Oops.. here comes Colton. All I could do was smile.. and what a sweetheart. And all this time in the background was Whitni, and YES, you are so lucky to have someone like her in your life. She sounds like a gift. Yes, you've done alright.
I love to read your blog.. you write well. I smile, cry, laugh and even roll my eyes..
Thanks for sharing your life with someone you never met. It means a lot to me.
Good Job!!!

Brian and Becky said...

Great update! Sounds like all your kiddos are doing good, I hope everything continues to go well for Colton. I can't believe how completely adorable your kids are, and I didn't realize that Kylee and Chloe are the exact same age! Both girls going to Kindergarten this fall... oh my, how old we're getting!! :)

 
Free Hit Counter