BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Fat Hiney

Well I have had it, I am way too fat. I am going to now take the bull by the horns and get myself into shape. And I am going to do something that I know I am going to regret and tell the world how much I weigh...are you ready? As of today, Tuesday, June 30th 2009, I am 207 pounds. Holy Cow! Now, why am I doing this, cause I want you all, my loyal readers to hold me to my word. I went and found a website, http://www.caloriecount.about.com/ and entered in my info. According to that website, which I have chosen to abide by, my goal is to weigh no more than 141 pounds by May of 2010. I have to enter in there daily what I have eaten, it counts my calories, and the amount of exercise I do, and it will give me a good idea where I stand. I am so committed to this.

I am NOT dieting per se, I am just going to make better choices in my overall intake. I don't think actual diets work too well. I will not deny my cravings, I just have a limit to the amount of calories I can eat daily. So I have to be careful about how I use those calories. I am on a mission. Especially since I have announced to the whole world what I am doing, my goals and my weight (ugh). I found it interesting that for my height I am only considered slightly to moderately overweight, yeah right! The other thing is that I am not trying to become the skinny mini I was 10 years ago. That to me is not healthy or even slightly cute. I just want to be better toned and feel good about myself in a swimsuit. I want people to look at me and say...."wow! she has had three kids?"

As far as the exercise goes. I am going to work my way up to an hour of exercise a day. I want to do a basic cardio workout in the am and then weather permitting go for a half an hour walk in the evening with my dog. He will love that. I have heard that the workout hip hop abs is quite a good workout for what I am trying to obtain. But VERY expensive. So I looked on ebay and was able to buy the workout for a total of $8.50. Normally that workout is a LOT of money so I was excited to be able to get it for this amount.

Another aspect of this is that it will help me deal with my depression and anxiety a lot easier. I so want to be happy. I would also love to be able to run a marathon. Don't know that I actually would do that but I would like to be able to if I wanted to. So there it is. I am going to go take a couple pics of myself today for the "before" and "after" pictures that I can post at the end of this. So please hold me to the fire and force me to to be a healthier person k?

1 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Ok, you've inspired me! I've been thinking about the same thing a lot lately, so I guess it's just time to get our jiggly bums into gear, right? WE CAN DO IT!!!

 
Free Hit Counter