BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oh the joys of parenthood.

Today and yesterday were my S.E.P conferences with my kids' teachers. These are your basic Parent teacher conferences. Yesterday was Dylan. I met with his teacher. There isn't much change. He is super smart, just can't seem to handle the pressure. He is a bit immature due to the fact that he barely made the cut off point for his enrollment. So he is younger than his peers. However that is improving. He is making progress. Whew. His teacher pointed out that he does have one or two eccentric behaviors, but for the most part he is growing. Reading and spelling tend to be his struggling points. Science and math he is very good at. I have come to the conclusion that I will push him, but not too hard. I have decided that he will learn at his own pace, and when he isn't under pressure, it is amazing how well he does. I asked her how he was doing socially, and she told me that she can't think of anyone who doesn't like him. He has lots of friends and is always playing well with others. YAY DYLAN!! My only complaint about his teacher is that she talks to me like I am an idiot. I counted five times that she said, "I don't know if you can understand this but...." It was so annoying. Oh well, maybe the other parents aren't able to grasp it. But really I do have an I.Q. higher than a peanut!

Today was Chloes conference. She is doing exceptionally well. School was made for this kid. She loves it so much, she gets upset that she is out early this week. And she also wants to stay all day. LOL. Makes me happy to see my kids so eager to learn. Her teacher said that she remembered suggesting that she should go into extended day Kindergarten. She didn't test at level. That was because she refused to answer questions. I told the teacher, "Just wait. She is a sponge and I guarantee she can handle it." I was right. She is high above level in many areas. GO CHLOE!! AND she is behaving herself! I had warned her teacher at the beginning of the year, that her attitude leaves a lot to be desired. But, there have been no problems with her so far. Why in the world can't that child be that way at home?!?!? Here she is a raging little turd, there she is an angel?!?!

All in all, I am very proud of my kids. They are thriving and as a Mom it makes me feel good and like I am doing something right with them. I am sure you other parents can understand the feeling of second guessing yourself constantly. When you get those little reassurances that they are great kids, it makes you feel pretty prideful.

3 comments:

T & K Trusty said...

Good work Jamie :-)

Jamie Ann said...

Thanks Tony :o)

Deb said...

I remember disliking Spelling and English and my favorites were math and science. He may take after his grandmother a little! Now that there is spell check and twitter why do we need spelling anyway!?

 
Free Hit Counter