BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Simply the best

With her Rocky Daddy

Today my Grandma, Anna Cecile Coleman Hamblin went on to be with her true love. My Grandpa. I can just picture her right now, in his arms. So happy to forever be with her soul-mate I would be lying if I didn't say I was a wreck right now. Tears have been flowing all afternoon with no sign of stopping. I was in the process of driving from St. George to Cedar when I had to pull over a couple of times. It got so bad, I had to call my Mom so she could talk me down and I could drive the last ten miles.  I really don't get it. I knew it was going to happen, and it needed to happen. She wasn't well at all. Most of the time she had no idea who anyone was, and she looked horrible.But then again I guess I do know. She was like a best friend to me. I could always count on her. For a handful of years, it seemed like it was just the two of us. And to tell you the truth, I liked it that way. I liked being her lunch date, or the one who took her to her Dr. appointment, or shopping for a new sweater. She loved to dote on me when I needed a hand. Like when I was so sick with morning sickness I had to go to the hospital and get IVs. Who sat there in the room with me while I slept and just watched me? Yep her.  
Great Grandma loved Great Grand-babies

She really is the greatest Grandma to have. I remember watching the Lorax with my kids. When the Grandma had faked having difficulty playing a game so her Grandson could go do what he really wanted to do, that was her. She would do anything for anyone. She was always putting other peoples happiness above her own. When we would mess up, she didn't judge me. She was a nurse by trade and was always helping out. She would volunteer gladly and enjoyed it. She had a true giving heart. She had a small family, an only child. 3 kids of her own and 4 grand-kids, and 5 greats. She had a special relationship with all of us. She made us feel so important. 
Bryce, Jamie, Grandma, Lisa, Kirk - Proud Grandma with her Grand-kids

Grandma and Bryce
I went and saw her yesterday. It was so bad. My cousin and I crawled up next to her. I do have a picture of that, but no that will not be posted. She was a very proper woman, and I couldn't ever share that with the world at the cost of her dignity. We told her how wonderful she is. How proud we are to have her as our Grandma. She was unresponsive, but held our hands in a powerful grip.We talked about all the dingy and zany moments she had, and laughed. I told her what my kids were up to, What changes were going on in my life. I vowed to live my life in a way that would make her proud. I just held her, and she seemed to like it. When I knew it was my final goodbye I kissed her, told to hug my Grandpa, and told her I loved her so much. I told her it wasn't good bye, just a long see you later. For some reason I had to see her eyes one last time. Its like she knew it. One eye came open and I got to see the one thing I know I inherited from her, the blue eyes.
In the end she slipped quietly away. Oh how I wish I could see her and my Grandpa reunite.  I know she is better off, but gosh it hurts so bad right now. Rest in peace my sweet, sweet Grandma. It's gonna be hard without you but I know you are here. I love you!!!

Great Grandma and Dylan

feeding Chloe ice cream!
Great Grandma daring you to take Colton away
with Jamie, Chloe, Whitni and Dylan










0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter