BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dentist

Normally a trip to the dentist is uneventful. For the regular person. But there is nothing normal about my life, so why should a routine dentist trip be any different. It was a family affair today. I have a never ending issue with my teeth. Dylan had a cavity, and well Chloe just has a mouth full of those buggers. I decided to schedule us all for the same afternoon. I was hoping Tom would be home in time to keep Colton, no such luck. I called my in-laws and they were busy all afternoon and had company coming over. I called my sister-in-law, the other Jamie Parry, and she was sick. No one was able to watch him. Oh well, my problem, and I was going to have to make it work. I loaded up the kids, and Tom called to say that he would come by the office and pick him up as soon as he could. Well I get there, and I am the first one to head back. There is a play area for kids in the office, but Colton didn't want to leave me. So the older two stayed in the play area while I took lil muncher back with me. Got me all juiced up and filled in. Colton was surprisingly well behaved and I thanked my lucky stars. They already had Dylan in the chair when I was finished and Chloe was next. Dylan is a trooper and does ok, so I wasn't too worried. They gassed up Chloe and luckily Tom showed up just as Dylan was finished up. He took the boys home and I braced myself for the onslaught that I was SURE was about to come. I did everything I could think of before hand to make sure it didn't get too ugly, I even bribed her. If you know my daughter, she is a hellion and a loud one at that. I told the dentist, this was going to be a challenge. He laughed and said, "Thanks for the warning." I could feel myself tensing up, glad I had taken a Xanax, cause I have a fear of needles, and needed it to stay calm to show my kids, "Nothing to it." I sat in the chair, ready to jump up. She refused to open her mouth until I sat down. Little stinker. I saw them put the needle in, and she didn't budge. What? Chloe? Hello? She didn't make a sound, didn't budge NOTHING. WOW!!! When he was done she looked at the dentist and said, "That didn't hurt." Kind of like a dare. There was a collective chuckle there. I was able to relax, and the dentist got to work. Chloe laid there and just watched Kung Fu Panda that they had on the ceiling mounted TV. I was shocked to say the least. As we left, she started talking about how her lip felt funny and how every time she goes to the dentist, it doesn't hurt. She had been so scared going in, she even brought her dolly to help her, and she clutched the doll until it was time. To say the least I was relieved that it went so well. She and I get to go back in a couple of weeks, for more work. And then probably again after that. I was so proud of my little girl. She was so brave and didn't make a sound. My boys were great too. Dylan was in and out so quick and Colton sat there and charmed all the nurses and assistants. He is a flirt. I am one proud Mama.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a neat Blog.
Don't you feel like a proud Mother Hen when the kids are sooo good and they make you so proud!!!
give each and every one of them a big hug from me.

 
Free Hit Counter