BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 18, 2010

One Upmanship

Today I decided to take my kiddos to the park. It was a beautiful day, in the low 80's with a slight breeze. We went to the park, Whitni included, and then I stopped at the store to buy some much needed items. I was checking out when the lady ahead of me in my line, came up and said, "You have amazing taste in teams." I looked down and saw that she was wearing a broncos t-shirt. As was I. It was really cool. Then, the competition began.
Her: "I have more stuff than you can imagine"
Me: "I don't know about that"
Her: "I have a signed football from 1980"
Me: "I have 2 Eddie Royal jerseys, one signed and my son has Terrell Davis"
Her: "My husbands company has season tickets."
Me: "My family has season tickets"
Her: "I have a flag"
Me: "So do I"
Her: "I have over 20 t-shirts"
Me: "I have a Bronco sticker that takes up the whole rear window of my van, right above the
Broncos license plate frame"
Her: "I have Broncos cereal, an alarm clock and a lamp"
Me: "My Mom has Ed McCaffrey mustard, goes to at least one game every year, and even has
the seats from Mile High in her back yard."

Sorry, Mom, I had to pull out the big guns. She couldn't really top that last one. Meanwhile, my 17 year old step daughter and her daughter of approximately the same age gave us both "SHUT UP ALREADY" looks. We chatted for a bit, it was all in good fun. When I got to the front the lady checking me out said, "That was entertaining." Everyone got a kick out of it. Maybe I have a new friend to add to my Broncos family.

2 comments:

Deb said...

What about the Metal Denver Bronco lane sign, the '87 football signed by the team, Bronco blanket, McAffrey Jersey, 10 Hats, 10 shirts, cups from the stadium, mugs, night light, key chains, bronco earrings and necklace, bad call brick, not to mention being in the GAME DAY BOOK FOR 2 YEARS!

Jamie said...

I know! Here my Mom and Aunt are FAMOUS in Broncos country and I didn't even exploit that. I could have mentioned my framed Terrell Davis picture, and my door mat! I am losing my touch.

 
Free Hit Counter