BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 30, 2015

TATTOOED!!! Finally.




Well, I finally did it. I got my first tattoo. I have always wanted one, since I was a teen, but you see, I have this weird fear of needles. Not an "oh I dislike them cause they are inconvenient." But an, "OMG, that thing is going to kill me! Someone shoot me now!" absolute fear. I know it is irrational, but even a flu shot requires a dose of Xanax.  But that didn't deter from the longing and admiration for the artwork created. I have had this particular one picked out for years. As in, shortly after my now 7 year old was born. Actually before then. I just added his name to it. I am not into the funny, or comical ones. I wanted one with meaning. And this one sums it up. I have my kids names wrapped in a ribbon around a heart and a cross. Because my kids and my faith are what is closest to my heart. Cheesy I know, but hey, it works for me and I am loving it. 
I was expecting this horribly painful experience, which would require a 911 call because I fainted and hit my head. But the hardest part was sitting down. The wait, the anticipation, the agony! I knew I had to just do it. It did require my Daddy driving me there. How cool is that, Dad and I getting tattooed. Now that is bonding! I was shocked at how non-painful it was. It didn't feel great, but far from the excruciating pain I was expecting. I think my Dad might have been disappointed that I didn't have a crazy meltdown. After all, he was the one I locked out of HIS truck because I was freaking out over a shot when I was 19. But, it wasn't bad. I can't believe I hadn't done it before. 
So here it is... my gorgeous...to me anyway... tattoo. Exactly what I wanted. Simple yet meaningful. What do you think? 

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter