BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Catch up time



I realize, it has been over two years since I updated. I recently was discussing life with a therapist friend I know, and he suggested that to help work through the muck in my head, I should keep a blog and update once a day for thirty days. After that a minimum of once a week. In these blogs I should talk about whatever I am thinking about. World issues, life, kids, work etc. I decided to try it. For those of you actually reading, thank you! Input and comments are always welcome. So for today, I will do what the title says, play catch up.
2013 -
Completely single mom mode. I left my job as a preschooler. It was a mutual decision between an administrator and myself. In a nutshell, she didn't like me and was making my life Hell, and I wanted to be back in Cedar anyway. So we parted ways. I spent the summer job searching in Cedar to no avail. Then a friend called me out of the blue and offered me a part time job running an after school program. I LOVED IT. It was around my kids' schedule, and my kids could come along. However, I was financially drowning. But we did adopt a dog from the pound. I call him Ugly Dog, but my kids call him Axl.

2014 -
We aren't going to even talk about the Broncos football season. All I will say is they made it to the Superbowl. The job ended as the school year ended. This is when dark season in Jamie's World began. I was not working, CS was sporadic, and then I got notice that my house had been foreclosed. I am not going to go into how or why, cause many people know. But in a nutshell, I was jobless, soon to be homeless and was relying on food stamps to feed my kids. Jobs in Cedar were scarce and hard to land. My parents offered to take my kids and I in until we could get on our feet again. We cleared out our home, :(, and moved to St. George on July 5th. Within three weeks of moving to St. George I had managed to get three job offers in one day. I took a job at a local school in the SPED department,  then as an activities director at a retirement community. I worked a lot and lucky for me and my kids, Grandpa was able to be my "nanny". Nothing is more relieving than knowing your kids are in the hands of someone that loves them when you can't be there. Dylan started 8th grade at the middle school that I attended, Chloe started 5th grade and Colton began 1st.

2015-
I became disenchanted with the way things were going at the retirement community. I loved the job but so much BS, and not enough hours to make it worth my time. I saw an advertisement for a job working with autistic kids. I applied, they called me that night for an interview the next day. I went to the interview and they called me. THAT NIGHT! I began work as a Behavior Interventionist. The job is amazing. Between the two jobs I was working about 10.5 hours a day. It was so weird to go from no work to a lot of it in such a short time. Exhilarating, challenging and exhausted. I had become so blessed and grateful at the lessons God taught me. Now that the school year is over I am down to one job. But I going full time next week. I also realized that my children are geniuses.... evil laugh. Chloe got straight A's and Colton is way  above level in Language Arts and Math. Dylan is doing so well and has found what seems to be a good place. He is an annoying teenager, for that I am thankful.

There it is, in a nutshell. I am sure I will touch on other subjects in the coming future. I am still crazy. I am childish, and refuse to believe I am almost 40. I am still single, and my kids are awesome. LIFE IS GOOD!

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter