BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Concert

Last night I went to the Eric Dodge and Travis Tritt concert. I had an amazing time. I hadn't planned on going until last week I thought, "Hey that might be fun." So I was able to hook up with my friend Tami who got us the tickets and we had a girls night. The evening started out with us going to dinner and then heading over. The first show was Eric Dodge. I had mentioned him before and I am going to do it again now. He did absolutely AMAZING. He is truly talented and so is his band. Watching him and listening to him mature as an artist is fascinating. He has a great presence on stage. It seems as tho he is on the same level as the audience, jamming with us not just for us. He has a new album coming out this April, I cannot wait. He played some music off of it and all I can say is WOW! Good job Eric, you are well on your way to making it BIG!
After Eric Dodge was Travis Tritt. I had seen him before. This show was much better. Last time he fell off the stage. Really. One had to wonder why?! He played a lot of his older hits along with some of his newer ones. I have always loved his music. When I was in college I had his greatest hits CD and my roommates and I used to play that thing until it wore out. I loved hearing his rockin' tunes and his acoustic session where it was just him and his guitar. He put on a great show.

After it was all over, I can say we had a great evening. I love my kids and all but sometimes it is fun to remember that I am more than just a Mom sometimes and I do like to have a good time with the girls.

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter