BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day #5 - NYC


A smart person would have taken the day off. But there was so much I wanted to see and I didn't have time to be smart about it. So this day..Saturday.. we headed to NYC. Driving into town we saw the Statue of Liberty and then Bryce drove me by Ground Zero. I knew it was cold out, so I didn't really care to get out and walk. But he insisted. So we stopped and walked about two blocks to where the site where the WTC once stood. It was odd that my first thoughts when I got right up next to the site was flashbacks of where I was and what I was doing that very moment on September 11, 2001. I thought about the terror those people felt it was so sad. We then ducked into a pizza place for my first taste of authentic New York pizza and it was yummy. We then walked back to the car and my brother took me on one hell of a ride. He drove me by Radio City Music Hall, The Empire State Building, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, and then finally he stopped and parked and we were at Time Square. It was very busy, and exciting to see. We got our pic taken on those red stairs they had set up. We got back in the truck and I had enough of NYC so we took the Holland Tunnel and went home. I know I only spent about 3 hours there and it was neat to see, but I wasn't all that impressed. SORRY! I think you get it in your head that it is just the same as you would see on TV. And to an extent it is. But I just thought it was too crowded, noisy, FREEZING, and somewhat dirty and it didn't smell too good. At the same time I am glad I got to see it. And maybe I will plan a trip during the summer season in the future.

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter