BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day #7 Philly

My last day in the North East. We headed to Philly so I could tour the sites. He took me to Joe's where I got my first genuine Philly Cheese steak. Oh wow, it was so good! Then it was time to be a tourist again. First off we were at the Liberty Bell, then we saw where the original house where George Washington and for a time, John Adams lived while president. We then realized we had a few hours til our tickets would let us see Independence Hall and my brother just had to have his coffee fix. We found the closest Starbucks at a Mall Downtown. I had seen a sign pointing the way to Ben Franklin's grave and..ooh! A Graveyard!! Bryce trudged along with me and we went into this old cemetery and saw his grave. Between that and all the other really old plots, I was in heaven!!! We then headed over to the Constitution center and saw some of the exhibits and the 'show' and then went back to Independence Hall to take the tour. If you could get past the intense lecture that our guide felt inclined to do, it was really awesome to see the place where they signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. We then returned to the Constitution Center and I looked at the exhibits, took the oath of the President of the United States and then we saw the special exhibit they had on of "Spies, Traitors and Saboteurs." We then got back in the truck and Bryce drove me past the infamous Art Museum where Rocky ran up the stairs. I love pop culture.

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter