BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday is complete madness

Today I started the craft show in Parowan. I had a good time and sold a bunch while seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while. My only complaint is that it was COLD! Tom had to drive up because I forgot something I needed. His buddy was there and the two of them started in on the, "have to come rescue the wife cause she didn't check to make sure everything is there," bit. His wife is a friend of mine and a crafter too and for the moment we took it. Just wait, we will get back at em. Then they sat at my booth and talked guns. I finally kicked them out cause it was becoming a gathering for guys to discuss their weapons. As interesting as it was, it didn't mesh well with the ideals of Stampin' Up! and paper crafts.
There was a lady that I am familiar with selling antiques and refurbished old western style items in the booth next to mine. I don't know where it came from but she kept coming up to me and talking about Obama. I just let her talk for most of the day. But it was getting annoying. She is overall a nice woman, but I finally had to say something when she started in about Obama being a Muslim and wanting to swear on the Koran. I knew what she was getting at but said, "So?" She stared at me with astonishment. She said, "What do you mean 'so?'" I said, "Last time I checked freedom of Religion was still in the Constitution." "So you are OK with him being a Muslim?" I said, "First of all, he attends a Christian Church, Second, I could care less if he really IS a Muslim. I have taken an Islamic Studies class and all you ever hear about are the radicals. Most Muslims are not that way." That shut her up. FINALLY! She did keep talking to me, but mostly about generic things such as what we have been up to over the year, how we spent the Holidays, etc. Other than that, it was a fun day. Problem is that there is a candle booth across from mine. I have to keep reminding myself I am there to make money, not spend it!

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter