BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

"I have a dream....."



I was going to write today about the disgust I am beginning to feel for where our country is going. Then I started thinking about how today is Dr. Martin Luther Kings birthday. Today is a day about human rights and equality for all people. He was an inspiration to people of all races. An icon that reminds us that love and action can get you a lot further than hatred and ignorance. So in honor of MLK day, I decided to post a video of his speech given on August 28, 1963. I have read and heard this speech frequently, kinda happens when you are in numerous Political Science courses and a Sociology major! Now this is the WHOLE speech, which is long. I would hope that you listen every word and reflect on them.
This is a link to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMXaTktUfA

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter