BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Idaho Trip

I had an amazing time this weekend. My Mom and I traveled up to Idaho for my cousin, Brei's wedding. I will try to do a quick walk thru for inquiring minds. We headed up on Thursday and hung out with family. I had never met the fiance Ben, but right off the bat I knew I loved him. So sweet and lots of fun. And he loves the Broncos so he will fit into this family quite easily. We just got to know him and caught up with the rest of the family. The next day, Friday was busy making strategic plans for everyone. Get the last minute details and try to have fun with it. In the morning, Mom and I were able to sneak over to my old friend Jennifer's house to see her and her baby Aiden. Jennifer is like a sister to me. I love her a lot! My mom has even laid claim to the Grandma title and wears it proudly! We stayed for a little while and then went around gathering last minute details for the wedding, snuck to a scrapbook store and then we went to the rehearsal dinner for an amazing Italian feast. It was so neat to have a great dinner and talk with family. After all was said and done, the waiter came and serenaded the happy couple. SOOO sweet! Afterwards we went to my Uncles house and hung out getting our assignments for the next day and I played with their newfoundland Ryka. HUGE dog, but super sweet. The next day was THE big day. I hadn't been able to see Jennifers hubby, Brandon, the day before and they had wanted to get together again before we left. (And OK so did I.) My Mom had things to do so Jen and Brandon came by the hotel and picked me up. We went to a rise and dine sort of place and I got to chit chat and trade smart ass tirades with Brandon. After that they took me to my Uncles house and then we went to the hotel to get ready. OK, it may seem like too much info but really, this kind of crap only happens to me. I needed to shave my legs for the dress I was wearing that evening. I get into the bathroom, lather up and start shaving. Damn if the power didn't go out. I am alone in a hotel room bathroom...no windows, door shut...all foamed up, UGH! I manage to get the door open, open a window to let SOME light in and finish my work without nicking myself. My Mom and I were in charge of picking up the wedding cake and some flowers and getting them over to the venue. All I can say is thank the Good Lord above for GPS. We managed to find the place in an old building in down town Boise. It was gorgeous. My cousins daughter Ericka became my best buddy. She and I hung out after she hit her head and I was there to comfort her. She wouldn't let me leave her lol. To make her happy we snapped pics of ourselves. She was such a princess and so sweet. We went through the wedding and it was beautiful. It is awesome to see two people come together like that when they are so much in love. I wish them all the best. The next day was time to come home and so Mom and I made the long trip home. I am now exhausted but glad to be home to my babies. Tom is glad to see me. He called me to see when I would be back. "I need a break" Yeah well, honey, WELCOME TO MY WORLD!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

If I had realised you were in Boise... I would have come to visit... :o) Since I'm so far... in Nampa! :o)

Jamie Ann said...

Yea, I didn't have your number, and thought about that. I am sure I will be up that way again someday, I will give you a buzz then k?

 
Free Hit Counter