BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Dad's

I was listening to the radio in the car today and a commercial came on that I had heard many times before. It is for the National Fatherhood Initiative, or www.fatherhood.org. It has a bunch of kids standing around bragging about what amazing things their fathers can do. I love that commercial. There is something so sweet about kids, especially little boys, bragging about their Dads. Listening to my 8 year-old talk about his Dad, is something that always makes me smile. So much love and admiration. He loves spending time with him, and tries so hard to be like him. I really admire the Dad's out there that take time for their kids. Even Step-Dads who don't have to, but as the Brad Paisley song says, "I hope I'm at least half the man that he didn't have to be." I realize how lucky I am that the Father of my kids is so involved. I know too many who don't have anything more to do with their kids then mailing a child support check each month. Tom is always playing with them. He is a big kid really. He loves the video games, loves to go out exploring with the kids and catching lizards and snakes, and is there as often as he can be for school functions and meetings. I recall one time where parents were invited into Dylan's class to help with gingerbread houses. I called Tom to see if he could be home in time so that I could go, and he called me back and said, "I think I want to go help Dylan if that is OK" Of course it was. So Tom and Dylan made an alien gingerbread house. Things like that stick with kids. Tom is always doing something with one of them it seems. He will play dolls with Chloe, takes a real man to willingly do that, and building blocks with Colton. He has never hesitated to change a diaper and if I have had a rough day, would get up in the middle of the night to feed a crying baby. I am so grateful for him being such an amazing Dad. I also know that if something were to happen and we were no longer together that he would be just as involved as he is now. There is nothing he wouldn't do for his kids. I know there are so many Dads out there that are like that. If you are one of them, I want you to know how much us Mom's appreciate it. It takes a real man to actually be a "DADDY" to his kids. To tell you the truth, there is also something quite "sexy" about it. There is that cliche about men using babies to catch women. And guess what? It is true! It shows a sensitivity and a true manliness to us females, so keep it up cause it will probably work! ;o)

Anyway, to all you fathers out there who make time for your kids, keep it up. You are making a very vital and great impression on your kids.

1 comments:

Keeler Klan said...

What a great post, Jamie. I couldn't agree more!

-Amberly

 
Free Hit Counter