BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mommy Love

Is there anything better than spending fun time with your kids? I know I complain sometimes but the truth is, for me there is nothing in the world that compares to them. Today we baked chocolate chip cookies, sang songs together, played outside, browsed the aisles at Wal-Mart for gift ideas and then had fun with my camera. Such simple things that mean the world to me. I want them to remember their childhood like that. As a Mom I question my capabilities and every decision I make. I wonder sometimes if God made the right choice giving me these wonderful creatures. Sure that some of you other parents out there feel the same way. What brought on this sappy sweet post from a woman that doesn't have a lot of sensitivity in her? Just what I said before. The simple joys we experienced together. Melts even my heart, and when your child looks at you and says, "You are so much fun Mom! I love you!" Well there you go. (Still would like to duct-tape them sometimes.) I didn't intend to be in any pictures but I had told my kids that they could snap some pics, but I ended up being the main subject. Of course I am critical of how I look but even I have to admit that these turned out decent. Just wished I would have fixed myself up a bit. But what do you do right? On a sad note, my Great-Uncle Les is on deaths door it seems. He is the last one alive out of my Grandpas siblings. I don't know him that well, but it is still sad to think an entire generation of Herruds are gone. I did talk to him the Christmas of 2007 right after my Grandfather died, (two year anniversary of his death tomorrow,) he sounded so much like my Grandpa that it kind of creeped me out! Hopefully it happens easy for Les.

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter