BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Ho!Ho!Ho!

Ah Christmas time is upon us and I have FINALLY got all my decos up, well those that will go up this year. I got my lights on and garland, then I had to wait for my kids to get home from school because I pinky swore, knuckle punched that I would let them put the ornaments on. They didn't do too bad. They did ask (more like demand) for some Christmas music and so I took my new Eric Dodge Christmas CD and popped it in the player. It is an awesome CD and I couldn't help but sing along. Good thing that no one was around! Here is a pic of them next to their finished product! You can't really see the ornaments, but there are a ton of them on there. I actually have a 'theme' to it. I love anything rustic. So there are a ton of moose, bear, fish(ing), cabin items. On top of that to add to the outdoorsy theme, I bought a lot of the wreath pics that were on sale really cheap and then simply attached them to my tree. So
there are pine cones, berries and such on there too. It really does look awesome in person. I normally don't put color lights but every year I catch it from hubby and kids cause I never do them anymore. So, this year I found a couple of strings of those bulb color lights and threw them on. Now everyone is happy and it does look kind neat with both the white and colors.

Then there is my favorite part of my Christmas decos, my village. I don't have a LOT of houses, but it is perfect for the top of my piano. (Yeah right in front of my wedding display photos). I just love villages because they look so old fashioned. I love things that take me back to a simpler time. There is just something about it that makes me smile.








I know that I said this last year, but I am going to try one more time, I am going to have a good Christmas. The last two years SUCKED last year we were all sick, I mean REALLY sick, and then the power went out. The year before that my uncle and my Grandpa died. So that was no fun. This year is going to be my year dang it!

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter