BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Great Christmas!

Another Christmas has come and gone. And this year it was wonderful. The past two years stunk to high heaven. This year was fun. To recap, two years ago was awful because I had lost my Uncle and my Grandfather within two weeks of each other. Last year I spent praying to the porcelain god. I was hoping for a great year this time and it was. I was up until 3 am Christmas morning, running interference to excited children. I must admit, there was something sweet about it. I woke up at 6 just in time for my folks to appear. They like to come up and see the kids get their Santa gifts. After hanging out and watching the kids play on the new Wii, my folks headed home and we went to Toms parents house for Christmas breakfast. It was neat seeing everyone. The day I got married I inherited a huge family. I have nephews who are almost my age! I also have great-nieces and great-nephews, so with everyone there at once, it was quite busy. It was neat! After a while we headed down to St. George for Christmas dinner with my parents. Whitni came over and we opened some more gifts with them. We then had a wonderful dinner and hung out some more and then headed home. Needless to say that going on such a small amount of sleep I was exhausted. Couple that with running around with three kids and their excitement, I was ready to drop. As soon as we got the kids wound down, I hit the hay and ZONKED! Today we are being lazy and not doing much, just enjoying watching our offspring play. As far as my gifts go, I got some nice things. I am a pretty happy camper as far as that goes. I don't want to brag, so if you want know 'what' I got, send me a message and I will tell you. Things aren't really what is important as remembering that Jesus is the reason for the season! (But they are fun...) I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful day just as I did. I hope your new year brings you peace and happiness. And as a Christian I would like to add a reminder of what it is I am celebrating;
Luke 2:9-12
And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. (10) And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (12) And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

0 comments:

 
Free Hit Counter